2009 B.Sc. in Mathematics (Tsinghua University)
2014 M.S.E. in Computer Science (the Johns Hopkins University)
2014 Ph.D. in Biostatistics (the Johns Hopkins University)
In the author list, bold indicates lab members; * represents equal contribution; and # stands for the corresponding author.
- Song FD, Chan GM, Wei YY# (2020) Flexible Experimental Designs for Valid Single-cell RNA-sequencing Experiments Allowing Batch Effects Correction, Nature Communications, 11:3274
- Luo XY, Wei YY# (2019) Batch Effects Correction with Unknown Subtypes, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 114 (526) 581-594.
- Luo XY, Yang C#, Wei YY# (2019) Detection of Cell-type-specific Risk-CpG sites in Epigenome-wide Association Studies, Nature Communications, 10:3113.
- Dai ZW, Wong H, Yu J, and Wei YY# (2019) Batch Effects Correction for Microbiome Data with Dirichlet-multinomial Regression, Bioinformatics, 35 (5): 807-814.
- Luo XY, Wei YY# (2018) Nonparametric Bayesian Learning of Heterogeneous Dynamic Transcription Factor Networks, Annals of Applied Statistics, 12 (3), 1749-1772.
- Wei YY# and Wu H# (2016) Measuring the Spatial Correlations of Protein Binding Sites, Bioinformatics, 32 (12): 1766-1772.
- Wei YY# and Tenzen T, and Ji HK# (2015) Joint Analysis of Differential Gene Expression in Multiple Studies using Correlation Motifs, Biostatistics, 16 (1) 31-46.
- Wei YY#, Li X*, Wang Q, and Ji HK# (2012) iASeq: Integrative Analysis of Allele-specificity of Protein-DNA Interactions in Multiple ChIP-seq Datasets, BMC Genomics, 13:681. Highly accessed.
Honors and Awards
- 2019 The W. J. Youden Award in Interlaboratory Testing, by the American Statistical Associations
- 2017 Faculty Exemplary Teaching Award, by Faculty of Science of the Chinese University of Hong Kong
- 2013 The Margaret Merrell Award, by the Johns Hopkins University
- 2013 ENAR Distinguished Student Paper Award, by the International Biometric Society
- 2012 The June B. Culley Award, by the Johns Hopkins University
- 2009 Excellent Graduate of Tsinghua University
- 2008 Meritorious Award for the Mathematical Contest in Modeling (MCM), by MAA, INFORMS, SIAM and ASA
- 2006, 2007, 2008 Outstanding Academic Performance Scholarship, by Tsinghua University
- 2006 National Scholarship, by Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China
Major Research Grants
- RGC-GRF 14304521 awarded by the Research Grants Council
Title: Statistical Methods for Multi-Ethnic Genome-Wide Association Studies
01/01/2022-31/12/2024, Principal Investigator
- RGC-GRF 14306020 awarded by the Research Grants Council
Title: Fine-Scale Inference for Aggregate-Level DNA Methylation Data
01/01/2021-31/12/2022, Principal Investigator
- RGC-GRF 14305319 awarded by the Research Grants Council
Title: Statistical Methods for Estimating a Set of Phylogenetic Trees
01/01/2020-31/12/2022, Principal Investigator
- RGC-GRF 14305318 awarded by the Research Grants Council
Title: Bayesian Methods for Time-to-event Data on a Social Network
01/01/2019-31/12/2020, Principal Investigator
- RGC-GRF 14306417 awarded by the Research Grants Council
Title: Bayesian Graph-valued Regression
01/01/2018-31/12/2019, Principal Investigator
- RGC-GRF 24301416 awarded by the Research Grants Council
Title: Statistical Modeling for Heterogeneous Dynamic Transcription Factor Networks
01/01/2017-31/12/2018, Principal Investigator
- Secretary The American Statistical Association Section on Statistics in Genomics and Genetics, 2019-present
- Associate Editor Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, 2019-present
- Guest Editor Special Issue of Statistics in Biosciences, 2019-present
- Membership American Statistical Association, International Chinese Statistical Association, Institute of Mathematical Statistics, International Society for Computational Biology